Buracão falls – Recanto verde falls – Licuri falls
Tour starts : 08:00 Lençóis
2 h 40 m
Asphalt road : 3 hours
Dirt road : 1h 30min
Swimming experience in Buracão waterfall
Night in Ibicoara / Campo redondo
Tour end : 18:00 Ibicoara / Campo Redondo
Description and pricing
For everybody who is in a very good shape to hike the difficult Fumacinha hike. The last hour of the hike to the Fumacinha falls in exclusively in the river bed, so rock hopping may not scare you.
Your overnight is in Campo Redondo, Ibicoara, a starting hippie settlement surrounded by natural beauty.
This 2-day tour will start in Lençóis and first you will drive for 3 hours from the north to the south of the Chapada Diamantina. After Ibicoara it is another hour 1 hour drive on a dirt road till the parking lot. The hike is on an easy path for 1h and 20 min till the bottom of the Buracão falls. Only at the end it gets a bit difficult because you are going to enter the canyon. On the way down you will see another great waterfall the “Recanto verde”. The use of a life vest is mandatory because you are going to literally float into the canyon till the great lake of the bottom of this most amazing waterfall. ( yes, maybe THE most amazing of the national park). If still time you can visit another big waterfall called “Cachoeira Licuri”. The hike is quite easy but you have to descend a lot of meters to go to the bottom of this 90m deep waterfall. You will sleep in Ibicoara, Campo Redondo, a great place between the mountains where later a dinner will be served.
Today you will start the day early at 07:00 am and do the long and adventurous hike to the Fumacinha Falls. After an hour drive, you will start the hike. The hike starts easily along the river and gets more difficult after an hour more or less. The more you get to the falls, the more difficult it gets. Around 11:30 you will get to the falls where you have time to take a swim and eat your picknick. After the hike back and maybe a swim if still time left, you start the long drive back to Lençóis preferably around 17:00 pm. You will arrive only around 21:00 in Lençóis.
- Transport ( Asphalt road: 452 km dirt road: 117 km )
- Qualified guide ( + a local guide)
- 1 entrance fee ( Buracao entrance municipality park )
- 1 hot dinner on the 1st day and 2 picnics on the 1st and 2nd day
- 1 night with breakfast in accommodation ( not simple but not very luxurious either)
- Breakfast on the 1st day
- Dinner on 2nd day
- Soft drinks or alcoholic drinks
- Good hiking shoes ( preferably waterproof )
- warm clothes or towel ( for after the swim, especially between april and september very cold/fresh)
- Sandals ( for the nights )
- Sweater ( for the fresh or almost cold winter nights 14-18 degrees )
- Rain jacket ! !
- Medium backpack ( 30L for your own gear + some small food supplies for lunch )
- Sunscreen ! ! !
- Hat ! ! !
- Water bottle
- Weather conditions: Buracão falls
- in dry weather conditions, the falls have a lot of water, so never dry up
- when too much rainfall (only a few days per year) the access on the bottom of the falls is impossible, the view from the top will be spectacular
- Weather conditions: Fumacinha falls
- in dry weather, the falls can dry up ( usually only a few weeks per year)
- when raining during the hike, the hike gets very difficult over slippery rocks
- when too much rainfall, (only a few days per year) the hike can get tricky and even dangerous